Status
Not open for further replies.

sick08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Scotland Uk
A m8 of mine has made a listing here on e bay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Live-Fish-RARE-Red-Texas-Green-Texas-Pair-Cichlids-/200626913985?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2eb64bc2c1

Offers welcomed.

ponce77

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2010
Bay Area
Is this the pair that took you forever to get? From rainnybetta Thailand? Did they ever breed for you??

sick08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Scotland Uk
Sorry m8 Uk only atm. Aye thats same pair and nae idea why havent bred as contacted Rainny before and after and he says they have bred several times before when he had them. The female cleans rocks all the time and then gets aggressive but no eggs ever get laid, tube is out etc wierd to say the least!

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Yeah Ive heard of that before...once scenery or water is changed dramatically something happens to them. Chemical, physiological shock perhaps. Ask Rainnybetta what and how his set up was like...also pH and hardness, etc.

sick08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2008
Scotland Uk
Thanks m8 for the advice and will see what Rainny says.I think you got a point there with the physiological shock as the transhipper messed up
the shipping using only 1x 250g bag each not tied properly and the fish came in water leaking everywhere. Female was still moving but the male was on its side not moving
and barely breathing but after 15 mins with clean water,powerhead in bucket and some prime he came around. To this day hes still very skittish, the female is much more
aggressive and is more personable. Another wierd thing is that the male often shows its breeding bars but nothing.

I just shifted my jag pair and within a few days in their new tank they started too breed, what a contrast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store