Need help!

Fishlover123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2011
U.K
i want a frshwater stingray and i don't want a boring one that always stays at the bottom. what freshwater stringray swims like the devil, manta, southern, bull, or bat ray. and is not always at the bottom.:nilly:

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
If you are talking freshwater rays then it is all hit or miss. Flowers and jaguars tend to swim alot and it seems like males swim more than females. There is not a freshwater open water swimmer though.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Any ray is going to be at the bottom a lot of the time, they are bottom dwellers.

But, as they get used to you and their tank, rays will swim up the sides of the glass and some will swim against the current of spray bars, filter outlets, and even bubblers.

Even though my ray cruises the bottom of the tank most of the time he is not boring. He is constantly blowing in the sand, exploring decor, and looking for food morsels. He has learned to come to the top of the tank and "slap" when I come in the room to feed the fish. He is a very cool fish to just sit and watch.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
3 of my Motoros love to swim at the top where the air stone bubbles will come up on their bellies.

But other than that, they are MOSTLY on the bottom of the tank doing their thing.

RoryM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2009
Saskatoon
I purchased my 8" motoro from a LFS and was used to hand feeding and constant people walking past it so mine is VERY active.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store