Motoro age

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Could be anything from maybe 9 months to .. well, years. Depends how much it's eating, tank size, water change regime etc. etc.

Why do you need to know?

RoryM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2009
Saskatoon
Just curiosity as I purchased this ray from the LFS. It has been in a 300g pong setup with one other male same size which sold few months ago. They had all kinds of tank mates over the two years I knew it to be there, tropheus colony, 26" ripsaw catfish, monster royal pleco that never comes out of its ornament.

RoryM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2009
Saskatoon
The pond got gravel vacuumed once a week along with a small water change. It got fed frozen bloodworms daily along with the endless supply of guppies it could catch. Pond was run on a single FX5.
My setup is a 200g with 55g sump, eheim 2078e, eheim 2076e and 6 Hydro sponge V running in the sump. Can rays be stunted due to poor water conditions/living conditions?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
They can def be stunted. Also I'm not sure the 200g will b ok what are the dimensions?

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
I will be ok for now in that size tank, but in the future, it will need a larger (wide) tank.
I myself instead of buying larger tanks am in the process of just setting up 400 gallon ponds. Alot easier to find and build..
Then when I get my Motoro's in the ponds, Ill move one of the retics pairs I have into the 400 gallon tank I have or turn it into a saltwater ray tank.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Bloodworms are only really for ray pups, they need much bigger food than that.

Guppies are now illegal to feed in the uk, as are any live fish. They are also not necessary. Get them on pellets and a high quality mix of frozen foods.

Water changes should be big and weekly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store