anyone here keep apricot lobsters?

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
I saw one of these guys, and can't find much info online. Anyone know much about them or keep them? One of the things I did see is that they are very docile. Is this true?

torval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
united states
if they are cherax holthuisi then everything i've heard from people is that they are indeed very skittish and mostly hide if given a place to. i would think you could put him in a tank with no hide or a very open hide (like a log or driftwood piece that provides just shaded areas). i think if you put him in a tank with no hide they may become stressed. i don't know i've never kept a crayfish with no hide.

joe5639

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Hi, I have an apricot lobster and it is very easy to keep. they are pretty docile mine lives with minnows ghost shrimp and an albino clawed frog(which are all smaller than him) Hiding spots are optional if you have plants or décor. Mine has hiding spots but is active and walks around the tank most of the time. The only time he has ever gone after anything is when I first got him he tried catching some minnows but I put pellets in front of him and he stopped in his tracks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store