What would u pay for a ray?

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
hey how much would u spend on a ray and what kind,also im talking about pups cuz i wanna breed rays so i wann see what most people pay and for what kind thank u

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
I'd say it depends on how much you wanted them, some type of rays could go thousands and some people think that it's still worthed. But if you wanna breed them, why not go with the decent type one. I only have pair of motoro at home because thats all I can afford atm..

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
wtf happened to the poll

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
captive bred will be much more expensive then wild caught because you dont have to adapt them to a different food. the thousand dollar ones are more like leos and henleis.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
k my bad ti put a poll that said the price range of a ray pup that u would pay, but its not there wtf

tanglovers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
All depends on species and the specific ray. Take marble motoros, I have seen them go for $200-$1500 each all depends on quality, comparing the low end to the high end is hardly like comparing apples to apples. Simple supply and demand. Also depends on if the ray is proven (has produced pups in captivity).

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
K whats the most u would pay for a ray pup and how much and what kind, and are rays very active im thinking of doing a rya tank and sell all my cichlids but what do u think is better rays or cichlids on a level of interestingness

motoro magic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2011
england
K whats the most u would pay for a ray pup and how much and what kind, and are rays very active im thinking of doing a rya tank and sell all my cichlids but what do u think is better rays or cichlids on a level of interestingness
I have paid as little as £40 for a low grade motoro pup and £200 for a good quality one.
Sell all your cichlids as rays are way more interesting imo and im sure that will be the feeling of most people on here seen as this is a stingray forum.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
so the most u would pay for a ray is E200, also how active are rays i dont want my family to come in my room and see a fish sitting down,

motoro magic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2011
england
so the most u would pay for a ray is E200, also how active are rays i dont want my family to come in my room and see a fish sitting down,
I would pay more for the right ray but these are motoro not black rays which are a lot more expensive.
Rays are active all the time looking for food, swimming up the front of the glass and playing with the bubbles off the air stones. The only time they stay still is when they are startled then they will bury themselves in the sand but once they feel safe they will start moving around again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store