How much Would You Spend on a Ray pup? What kind?

Whats the most you would spend on a ray Pup?

• Total voters

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
hey how much would u spend on a ray pup and what kind,also im talking about pups cuz i wanna breed rays so i wanna see what most people pay and for what kind thank u,

also what rays are best to breed for money that people would buy im thinking of breeding marble motoros because the pups are affordable for most people to buy , i would breed black rays but who is willing to spend $1500 a pup

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Less then a 100 for me.

Jimmy16

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Las vegas
You don't make much money from selling fish. From what I've read, it takes a long time to get 1 or 2 pups. The bigger the female ray, the more likely you'll have more pups.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
There is really no money to be made breeding rays, any money you make selling pups will be spent on food for pregnant rays.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
yeah i know i like to breed and sell fish to pay for food,equipment, etc. its like they pay for them selves

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
I think you have a LONG way to go before you even start planning for this.

And personally, I wouldn't buy a ray from just anyone either. I did that, and I ended up eating what I paid for it, and then some.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
yeah i know i like to breed and sell fish to pay for food,equipment, etc. its like they pay for them selves
They don't pay for themselves.. you have to calculate water and electricity cost as well as time and commitment.

creepyoldguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2010
fishbelly
Not to be nosy, but your name is "bayarea". Im guessing your from California?

Also agree with mshill, its not just selling the pups and BAM you have extra money. You have to take in consideration the food, power and water and whatever else that goes into fish keeping.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
^^ yes, Cali.

Not legal.. no breeding for you. end of idea. lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store