that one fish that makes you scared to put your hand in the tank

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
I keep coming back to rtc... Is there anything about that size that when you feed him (perferbly hand feed) they go crazy and start splashing the water and when they come uo to eat pellets its just a frenzy I want something pretty active for a 8x6...

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I was afraid to put my hand in with my jardini. He was ruthless.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
My spawning 8 inch Jags, Eggs were already in the tank.The male tried to get my hand thru the net

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
P.bass are insane eaters. Look upnsome feeding vids on YouTube. Jcardona has a good one

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
My old piranhas had me scared tho. They would def let you know when it was time to get out of that tank or it was time to get stitches

pi-eyed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I was afraid to put my hand in with my jardini. He was ruthless.
Ahh Brutus is a big baby now... I hand feed him tilapia and shrimp. he does however, give you the evil eye when he is really hungry.. :grinno:!!!!

-----Chris

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
how big do umbee's get? A jar would be a good fit maybe. Pbass would be awesome after seeing those feeding vids! Jags would be a strong option to. But out off all those if I grew them to max size and then introduced a couple small 1' rtc later on. Who would survive?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I have a 10" male Midas that every spring is ready to mate and will attack my hand in the tank. I put on heavy gloves during this time to clean the tank. He will latch on and shake like a pit bull. Thankfully this only lasts for a short period of time and I can tell by the way he acts when he is going to do this. A LFS has a breeding pair of Dovii with the male being around 16", it has a real mean disposition and is a total glass banger. I would be afraid to stick my hand in that tank even with gloves because it has got some teeth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store