prego ray question

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
My female motoro I picked up from vamptrev a year and a half ago seems to be very pregnant. Dad is the nice marble from coolmbu. The female is doing a lot more midlevel swimming than normal, almost pacing back and forth across the entire tank. Is this normal pregnant ray behavior? She seems to be doing great and her appetite is off the chart.

thanks

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
My friend that breeds the motoro said his females completely stops eating the night before the birth. He said one of his females will kill the babies for some reason so he has to check for them at night and have the sump cleared to put the babies in. Good Luck.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My females swim the glass alot right after being mated or just before giving birth

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Thanks. I really have no idea how far a long she is. The male has been playing rough with her for a long time. I'd guess she is getting close but this will be my first batch of pups so no experience to draw from. I'll try to put up a pic over the next day or two.

dhjr0915

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2011
Dorn's World..
Im curious to see the feedback that u will get cuz I had the same question...

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
If the male is still harassing her, u might want to seperate them. The male might be stressing her causing her to swim the glass alot. This could lead to a premature litter

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
How old is this male?

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
If the male is still harassing her, u might want to seperate them. The male might be stressing her causing her to swim the glass alot. This could lead to a premature litter
She doesn't actually swim the glass but midlevel across the tank. The male does still bite her but she doesn't seem to have any fear of him.

How old is this male?
He is also a little more than 1.5 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store