is the guy ready?

flowerwana

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2010
where else ^_^
is the guy ready yet, he show no interest in the girl at all....housing in a 6x2x2 (they dont seem to grow anymore, so hope i can have them for life or else sell them to a bigger house >_< )currently around 12" diameter, been staying the same size for couple months now, housing together with a 10-11" Marble female, and 14" mixed. the male eat like pig (the most out of 3, eat untill have stomach like pregnant girl ready to give birth) . been together for a year ( male was around 10" , female 7").

IMG_0122.JPGIMG_0102.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Good looking group of rays. Did his clasper grow slowly or did they shoot out in a short period of time. It is my belief that when an immature ray is kept with a mature one and they are ready to breed the maturing process is sped up. This happened with my jags. The male was not even close to being mature but one month with the female he grew over an inch and his claspers sprouted out. Your guys looks to be mature now if he will breed or not is another question.

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
beautiful stock you have there! where are you located? if close to NY I may be interested if you do decide to sell one or two or those beauties.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Just cause claspers are unrolled doesn't mean they have any idea how to use them. I had a male here for 2.5 years with unrolled claspers and just now figured out how to use them. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it takes years..... Just gotta be patient.

flowerwana

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2010
where else ^_^
Just cause claspers are unrolled doesn't mean they have any idea how to use them. I had a male here for 2.5 years with unrolled claspers and just now figured out how to use them. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it takes years..... Just gotta be patient.
thank you bro, he sure has the unrolled for a year, guess i'll wait a little more to see. ^_^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store