Questions about male Motoros that just keep trying but can't figure things out

Totroc3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
Southwest Washington
I have 2 male (10 inch) and 2 female motoros (12inch) in a 270G 6x3x2. The males have both recently matured. They keep going after one of the females and nipping her sides and edges of her disc. She curls her tail trying to show them the business end but they just don't do anything but nip her. I am a bit concerned if it goes on too long it'll hurt her but I have been told once she is prego they will stop. I can move them around to other tanks if I have to but I would like some pups. Any advice would be great.

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
Try separating the females from the males for a week or so, then introduce them back into the tank. Try this a couple times. Above all else, be patient, be patient, be patient. It will all work out. -FM

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
If its the males first time then it might take them a little to get the deed done

As long as they dont stress out the female too much u will be fine

Deff a good idea to seperate like firemedic said. The males will be more excited to see her, they might breed her faster

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
sounds like they are trying to breed her.... Get ready once rays are mature, they will look chewed up all the time. It is normal... may have to separate if it gets out of hand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store