Stingray from Snakeskin Aquabid

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
i think it is mnstingray that used to be on this site.

some peeps have good transactions w him, some have had bad ones....

Ma12cus504

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
"Coco City"
i think it is mnstingray that used to be on this site.

some peeps have good transactions w him, some have had bad ones....

Darnit!! Where are all the Leo supply? All the people i know is either gone rogue, not what i am looking for or sold out.
Mike H20 was always my and my friend favorite. He always have good quality and stock :(

I am counting on you now travis and brent... I'll just wait and wait

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I have bought several rays from Snakeskin. Am anxiously awaiting the next Taiwan order as it's only a few weeks out.

There's a few people here on MFK that have griped about him but I'm willing to bet that I have probobly bought more rays from him then all the gripers put together, and I'm not even his best customer on MFK. I buy a lot of fish from the guy, not just rays either.... Aros, Brycon, Gulpers, catfish.....

Everyone has transaction issues. Cause it's a proven fact that a majority of MFK is crybaby keyboard commandos. Where's H20 Mike at these days? Enjoying a vacation from the drama here cause there's even people out there that have had bad dealings with Mike.

Case and point EVERY vendor has had issues.

Shawn has supplied me with some of the nicest rays I can find and he didn't bend me over when selling them to me. He goes out of his way to help me ship rays I sell. He is one of the most stand up guys I've ever had the privelage of meeting through MFK.

He sells a few people some Flowers, they gripe and he gets a bad wrap. But yet I spend thousands with him and that means nothing. Ask JohnG, he has had way more dealings with Shawn then anyone has.

I urge you to PM him. Ask him about the deal he has on WC Henlei pairs now..... Who would have thought you could buy a M/F PAIR of WC Henlei for a grand?

Give him a chance and I bet you won't be disappointed...... OR you can just wait patiently cause it will only be a matter of time before he's back here. :)

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I have bought from him with no issues at all. He has also transhipped alot of rays for DB with great success. The only issues i have heard came from preorders of rays he did not have in stock. I personally would not preorder from any vendor as some of the hard to find rays are just that hard to find. If it is swimming in his many tanks I would not hesitate to buy.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
I have bought from him with no issues at all. He has also transhipped alot of rays for DB with great success. The only issues i have heard came from preorders of rays he did not have in stock. I personally would not preorder from any vendor as some of the hard to find rays are just that hard to find. If it is swimming in his many tanks I would not hesitate to buy.

x2 well said

Mccoyver

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2011
Lehi, Utah
Just picked up a ray from him and he was probably the best vendor i have ever dealt with. i know i had to annoy him with all the questions i emailed him but he answered every one and replied fast.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Just picked up a ray from him and he was probably the best vendor i have ever dealt with. i know i had to annoy him with all the questions i emailed him but he answered every one and replied fast.
Same experiance I had with Mike at H20. I have heard alot of good reports about snakeskin also.

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I was one of the folks that had a bad experience dealing with shawn about a year and a half ago....I never made it public, only a few members here knew about it.

My problem was that the ray pups came in super skinny and near death, I bought 3 pups, 1 died in 2 days, another one died in 3 weeks. NONE of them ever eat. I have tried everything under the sun and they would not eat. I've been keeping rays for over 5-6 years. I know the "dril" when it comes to hunger strike.

I told him what had happened, I didn't expect anything, after all, all I had was a LIVE ARRIVAl guarantee. He swore that they ate, but I let it go...what was done was done.

A few years later, I found that he was "overwhelmed" with all the thailand orders. He literally came out of nowhere and selling 30 rays at a time. Most came from thailand, a lil came from columbia. He also had a business partner at that time. Long story short, I think the timing was off and most if not ALL of the problems that arose happened during this time with the thailand orders.

I believe he's banned from MFK for similar reason, but the few that vouch for him have said nothing but great things about his stock ever since the thailand ordeal.

My opinion, I think he has gotten better. His posts on aquabid all looks healthy. I think he's a little bit more "relaxed" now and not pressured as he was on the thailand ordeal. If you do a search under MNstingray, you will see his how many posts that he had. At one time, he started 2-3 different threads with at least 10-20 rays on each thread. I can imagine how overwhelmed one person can be with that many request and orders.

That's my $ .02, this is the first time I made the story public since it happened (spring 2010)

Stan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store