Potamotrygon schroederi aka true flower ray

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Has there been any success on breeding them in captive? Any on record showing in the u.s?

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
A guy over seas has breed them but I can't remember his name. He had a huge setup and kept several large adults together. The closest thing I know of in the states is a guy by the name of Teal had some castexi/flower hybrids and the shed aquarium I believe had some tiger pups which is very close to a flower ray.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Thanks for the infos fishdog. I know im dreaming but that my goal to get mine to breed and get some captive born in the state!

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Top sting ray over I'n tailand bred a flower with a tiger it's on his blog on his site.With pictures

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Top sting ray over I'n tailand bred a flower with a tiger it's on his blog on his site.With pictures
Yes I seen that pup on their web site. It look good you can see the tiger and flower pattern. But I'm not a big fan on the hybrid. Over in Asia their money hungry that why we have so many hybrid now. Btw nice looking leopoldi you got there, look like he got eclipse marking on it head. Nice

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Yes I seen that pup on their web site. It look good you can see the tiger and flower pattern. But I'm not a big fan on the hybrid. Over in Asia their money hungry that why we have so many hybrid now. Btw nice looking leopoldi you got there, look like he got eclipse marking on it head. Nice
Pretty craZy looking ray half flower half tiger. An thx buddy for the comment

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Im goin to try to step up my game. Next inline for me is some tiger rays, then leopoldi.
Tigers are sweet post pics when u get 1.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store