Black diamond development

Lode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Netherlands
www.lode.biz
As promised the black diamond development pictures. It took a few years, but several months ago the first two nests of pure black diamond pups were born. The two batches were very different, but both fantastic.

F1 black diamond pups show their potential early in their live. The spots are clearly defined, even when they are just a few hours old. Still it is interesting to see how they develop. As the pictures below show, the whiteness of the spots is fantastic even at a young age, if the right breeding animals are chosen. All specimens in te breeding facility develop larger spots as the rays grow larger. They basically become more amazing by the day :)

The stingray below has a BD eclipse mother, but doesn't show this trade yet. It seems that stingrays with the more beautiful thick eclipse rings, develop this trade later in their life. Very young BD have a light grey (almost blue'ish) base color the first weeks after they are born. As the pics show, the edge spotting is countless.

The pups are even better then I dreamt of. Currently three females a highly pregnant again. Can't wait to see the new pups! Here a black diamond pup just after it was born and now after ~3 months:

Photo's by Erik Teeler

I'll try and post some development pictures of the black diamond pups with a totally different pattern soon also :)

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I wish, those are real beauties. love the outside spotting

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
i see the one big spot on his back eclipsed already