question on mixing ray species

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
ive kept motoros before, im in the process of getting a 7x3x1.5 aquarium 240g. id like to start with some marbles or flowers then later get some henlei. keep in mind these will be juvies. if im unable to find a larger aquarium once they outgrow this tank, i'll just keep the henlei. i just want to make sure they get along until then

dhjr0915

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2011
Dorn's World..
If I were were you I would stick to marbles much easier to care for and won't outgrow ur tank as fast as the flower....

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
I agree, buy the ray that you can keep for life. You should get away with 2 marbles for most of their lives in that size tank if they do not have too large lineage. Personally if I were starting again then I would source some of the mini marbles that seem to crop up now as they do not grow too large.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
If I were were you I would stick to marbles much easier to care for and won't outgrow ur tank as fast as the flower....
Flowers don't grow as fast as people think, at least in mine, Fishdogs or Keepinfish's case. All of ours are between 1.5 and two years old or so and the biggest is Keepins @ appx 10".
But like John said, they are easily bullied and out competed for food, especially when smaller. Mine is currently in an isolation tank till she reaches 11-12 inches then I will put her back with the marbles and blacks.
With that being said most rays get along except when feeding then they can get nippy. There are occasions when one gets dominant and will start picking on others. Now breeding is a whole different subject.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store