Datnoid's stability mystery

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Anyone know for sure yet as to why they are unstable or stable. List them here. Here is my reasons as I kept many of them for the past 2 yrs.

Always feel like water condition got nothing to do with being stable or not. For some reason, everytime i introduce them into a new tank, it is always stable at first. then it is on or off. But I know for sure that when my datnoids particularily NTT and Indos, they get stable when they fight/flight with other fishes.

Any care to comment or express their views.

Ayeeepowlow

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hawaii
Anyone know for sure yet as to why they are unstable or stable. List them here. Here is my reasons as I kept many of them for the past 2 yrs.

Always feel like water condition got nothing to do with being stable or not. For some reason, everytime i introduce them into a new tank, it is always stable at first. then it is on or off. But I know for sure that when my datnoids particularily NTT and Indos, they get stable when they fight/flight with other fishes.

Any care to comment or express their views.
yeah! i noticed that too! ha when you introduce them to a new tank they are swimming fine all stable but the next day all black and hiding! ha! :popcorn:

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Simple... Some are and some are not stable.
And time is the key.
U may wait 1 week, or several months or even years.

yh_loh

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Malaysia
deco eg driftwood and stone, lighting, tank mates, sides + background color(I recommended black color) of the aquarium
could help in stablelise the tiger fish like IT or NTT.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Some have said that unstable dats are happy or unstressed.

Kevin911

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2010
dc
www.youtube.com
yea i wanna know too lol my ntt have never went unstable since i got him for 5months now, but I have an indo that go from stable to unstable when I move him to different aquarium

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
It is up to the individual fish I believe. I picked up a 7" IT recently that was stable at the store and continues to be stable in my tank. It was with other ITs in the store. The others were dark. It is not shy at all. It waits for food all the time and take massivore / frozen. My ideal dat. It is has 4 bars, symmetrical, and bright gold. I had STs maybe 5 years ago but this guy's colors is much better then the ST in terms of brightness of the gold and response. It follows my hand too.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Simple... Some are and some are not stable.
And time is the key.
U may wait 1 week, or several months or even years.
Agreed. My 1 datnoid is always stable while the rest are black. They do turn stable after i turn the lights on but thats only for a few minutes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store