Ray placement question...

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Ive got a question. Ive got a 5 1/2" male Motoro ray. He is in his own tank rt now, but I had plans for this tank when I got it. I picked this little guy up only because he was at a LFS and looked really thin and not doing good. I picked him up to save him.
My question is this, I have a few tanks with Motoro Rays in them, but they are around 12" to 15". These tanks are set up with either one male and one female, or with two females and one male.
My question is, can he go into one of those tanks. I am working on breeding the larger Motoro's and well am affraid since he is a 3rd of their size.. will he get hurt.
I try and keep my rays all around the same age and never thought of putting a smaller one in with them. But I have seen some of you guys do it.
I also dont want to stick him in my Retic tanks since Im really trying to keep the retics away from the Motoro's till I see if I can breed the retics.
Any ideas..

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
i would try it and watch the tank very closely. observe the rays before adding and after adding the other ray

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
my thought to.. thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store