Need to donate a large Iridescent Shark - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky23

Feeder Fish
Sep 4, 2011
nj
I have a 15 year old Iridescent Shark. He is about 14 inches long. Our tank is way too small and he keeps thrashing around, hurting himself. Of course when we got him, the fish store failed to mention how large they get. I feel horrible and need him to go to a good home. Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested.
Thank you.

Combatshock

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
CT
If he's that old and only 14 inches, I'm absolutely amazed at how small he is. That might be the most extreme case of a fishes growth being stunted that I've ever heard of.

Amazed it's alive.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Wondering what size tank it is in now. PM me - I might set up one of my extra ponds for him. Depending on where in CT you are. (Indoor of course)

bosanova

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2011
new york
Can't deal with reality and the truth, don't post here :drool:
Your point is well taken indeed ,but reading between the lines of the op thread there seems to be be room for regrets ,therefore i thought that you came down too hard on him ,:popcorn: sorry about the name calling

Combatshock

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
CT
Your point is well taken indeed ,but reading between the lines of the op thread there seems to be be room for regrets ,therefore i thought that you came down too hard on him ,:popcorn: sorry about the name calling
I never made any comments about the OP.

I have literally never heard of an ID that small that is that old. A healthy ID a few YEARS old is usually past that mark. I was honestly amazed when I read the original post, wondering if there was a typo. Thats about it, it was hardly an indictment of any person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store