Motoro Ray and CL... Im starting to hate CL

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Well, Im starting to hate Craigslist.
People on there are such a pain in the butt...

About 5 to 6 months ago, I bought a Motoro ray from a LFS.
Ive been keeping rays for awhile and well i saw this little guy in the shop everytime I went in over a period of 2 weeks.
he was starting to look really thin. He was also on rocks and in a 40 gallon tank.

So I felt bad for him and bought him. Brought him home and got to work on getting him back to health.
So now, 5-6 months later. He is in great health.
Ive debated on sticking him in with my other Motoro's. Some have said to try it and see if they mess with him. Since he is only 5 1/2" and the others are at least 3 times his size, kinda dont want to take the chance. Plus, my others are really close to breeding, so Im affraid of my male giving this little guy trouble. Esp since this will be their first time and they already are going to have a hard time just trying to figure things out..

Anyway, the reason for my post. So I decided to post him on CL and see if i could find him a good home. I of course posted him under pets, but I kept getting flagged because people thought my rehoming fee was to much or becaue I wouldnt just give him away.
So I had him posted under general.. had a few people intrested, but after getting info from them, have had to turn a few down due to they are not set up for a ray..
Yesterday I had a guy message me wanting him. He had the rt stuff, but he didnt like my 140.00 O.B.O. price. He tried to tell me, I have seen that ray before at the LFS and they were only asking 60.00. I replied that you may have seen a retic ray up there for 60 but not this Motoro.. So because I wont sale him to him for 60.00 and am sticking with my 140.00 O.B.O. price, he keeps flagging my posts..
I even tried waiting a few days before reposting.. But its like he looks for them and flaggs them not long after I post..
Makes you want to reach thru the computer and :naughty:

Anyway, sorry, just had to vent...
But I am starting to hate CL.. you would think their MOD's (if they really have any) would look at the postings first before they take the word of an idiot

by the way, here are before and after pics...
DSC_0812.JPG
ray pup 2.JPG

ray pup 2.JPG

DSC_0812.JPG

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
totally understand where your coming from. o btw i'm from missouri too, but i moved to ct

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
Why don't you keep him and grow him out? you seem to have an abundance of large tanks?

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Well I really only get males when I have enough females for one. I guess Im either going to have to set up my extra 150 gallon to hold him till I finally get my pond done, or just get off my butt and finish the pond so I have a large place to keep all of them together.

Katatonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
toronto, Ontario, CA
hey - try kijiji.ca (or .com) they are free just like craigslist, but I find typically a better "class" of people use it...
like no low ballers and *******s... not gonna say you wont find a few, but ive had excellent luck here while getting nothing but drama on the same postings on craigslist

Katatonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
toronto, Ontario, CA
btw - Id happily take him, but I think I'm too far away for transport. :(

hope you have better luck with kijiji :)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I hate idiots that flag when they get mad. I've had that issue with one of my cars I'm trying to sell. It's a rare one, and price reflects that. I keep getting flagged as a scam due to outrageous price.

If you want it to go to a good home, post it here in the Classifieds.

JohnG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Moses Lake, WA
But I am starting to hate CL.. you would think their MOD's (if they really have any) would look at the postings first before they take the word of an idiot
That's the problem with craigslist right there, they don't have any MOD's what so ever. All they have is a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than sit around flagging ads for whatever reason they want. There is no review by a mod, if enough of them hit flag the ad is just gone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store