help with pfs bought at local pool supply store

droptopls1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2010
lwd
Hey guys i got hooked on how nice pfs looks in aquariums, i want to use it know. I went to a local pool supply store and bought a 50lb bag of pfs sand. It came in a brown paper bag with no description the guy at the register didn't know much about it;he said it was 20 grit silica sand,its gray in color. i paid 10 bucks for it. Any input would be highly appreciated thanks.

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
I used used use pfs then I got bored of sucking crap out my tank then I moved to tiles....

Much better, more aesthetic less maintenance, less worry that my fish were digging it up and spitting it into my filters

uploadfromtaptalk1424535480721.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
Silica sand is what you where after.

There for awhile I had tile in all my tanks then I went to bare bottom and now I have just enough white sand to cover about 20% of the bottom of the tank so its still mostly bare but the sand makes a cool ridge and looks much more natural.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Silica sand is what you where after.

There for awhile I had tile in all my tanks then I went to bare bottom and now I have just enough white sand to cover about 20% of the bottom of the tank so its still mostly bare but the sand makes a cool ridge and looks much more natural.
How do a few grains of sand sprinkled across glass look more natural?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store