Anyone into kung fu movies??

fatcat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2008
SoCal
I have been on a crazy kung fu movie kick, can anyone recommend some great kung fu movies? I don't really need a great plot, just some good action, (hmmm..deja vu) Some of my favorites now are Ip Man 1&2, The Prodigal Son, ( I'm specifically into Wing Chun now) Fist of Legend, Iron Fisted Monk, Gordon Liu, Sammo Hung, Bruce Lee of course, but he didn't have many films. Anyway what I like seeing is great fight scenes, NO WIRE FU please, any recomendations?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
lol, what's wire fu?

Fist of Legend is one of my all time favorite martial arts movies. As you can probably guess, Bruce Lee is my favorite but my second would be Jet Li. To me there is Bruce, Jet, then the rest.

If you liked Fist of Legend, you definitely gotta check out all the Once Upon a Time in China movies. Also look for A Man Called Hero, it's a movie made from the chinese comic book Blood Sword. There's also a movie called Thai Chi Master with Jet Li which is also good. And Iron Monkey is also good.

american martial arts movies can't hold a candle to chinese martial arts movies

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think the wire fu movies are the Croutching Tiger type stuff where they just take it too far with people flying over trees and landing on the tips of branches...I recommend The Kid with the Golden Arm,Five Deadly Venoms or anything else directed by Chang Cheh.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I love Fist of Legend, the fight with the general was epic. Its not kung fu but I liked 13 assassins too.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I know it may not really count but I like The Last Dragon

[YT]fFzuxgivmQ8&feature=related[/YT]

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
Enter The Dragon=awesome. Also you might not consider it "kung fu" since it's really a blacksploitation film but Black Dynamite is always an awesome watch. "B*&%ch I told you to never interrupt me during my kung fu!!." Lol.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Ong Bak good movies if u like ip man u gonna love ongbak

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Here's a better clip of the final fight scene. I like it most at 2:50 "Playtime is over Boy"

[YT]86VL3dTSCWM&feature=related[/YT]

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Ip Man, parts 1 and 2. I won't ever watch another martial arts movie again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store