GATOR GAR

Dank Predator Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
VA
Hey everyone! This is my first of many posts to come…I have a 90 gallon pretty heavily planted wave-front tank with a wet dry and a ton of sinking wood. It currently houses 1 south American gar (not true gar-pike-characin), 1 Silver Arowana, 1 female red wolf fish, 1 Delhezi Bichir, 1 rope fish , 3 pictus catfish, 1 unknown type of catfish 9some sort of whiptail I believe) 4 fiddler crabs, and 2 red claw crabs : ). I also have in a 10 gallon right now with some calsius and black skirt teras…And Oh yeah a baby alligator gar : ))). So my question to you guys is do you think that a gator who is about 4 inches or so will be alright to put in my grow out 90 gallon with the pike and the arowana? And before anyone says anything about how big the gator gar and arowana will get I know…I’m building a pond…but do you guys think I can put the gator in the 90? Thanks!

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
not a good idea with those fish

Dank Predator Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
VA
another this is that the south american gar,arowana and gator gar are fairly docile as i got them off live food, they eat jumbo krill and the south american gar i hand feed, also the gator gar is off of live food and on jumbo krill as well, hand feeding him also.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
The 90 gallon sounds overstocked already, adding another fast-growing predatory fish sounds like a disaster

Dank Predator Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
VA
and it may sound overstocked but i can assure you its not everyone has their own hiding spots, ample room to move...everyone gets along...

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
No even as a grow out it is not ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store