Setting up my new 120 Gallon Pic heavy......

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I just picked up an old used glass 120 (4X2X2) from Craig's list.

This came with a 50 gallon sump. Sump was built into the stand and cannot be removed lol. I love it! The larger the sump the better!

The sump needed two holes drilled. I tilted the stand on its side and set up my glass hole drilling machine and popped two holes into the sump like going through butter :) Love this tool!

The first three pics are the drilling process on the sump. One hole will be the pump and the other hole is for the trickle system. Anyone interested in setting up a trickle system follow along.

Last three pics (6 total) is the tank. 120 gallon 4' X 2' X 2'. The tank has 5 total holes on the back side. It looks like it originally had two overflows with 1 hole in each overflow and two returns. The old overflows were removed and a new larger overflow was installed in the center of the tank. The new over flow got a hole making 5 total holes in this tank LOL

I'm not sure what to do with all 5 holes. This tank was set up as a reef with a electronic valve that cycled between the 4 returns for salt water "waves" stuff. I dont need this valve so I removed it.

Top two holes I will use as a return. Bottom two holes I will drain to the sump to add extra capacity to my drain and also try to remove crap from the bottom.

Edit: Some reason I cannot upload pics? I get an exclamation after the first picture is uploaded?????

Anyway I have lots of pics and I'm going to set up a trickle system.

This tank is for a "grow out" for a super rare fish that I'm getting Wednesday......

Can anyone guess the monster I will be growing out....... ??

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I'm guessing you're going to keep goldfish. :ROFL:

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
To do list:
Order some glass tops
I need bio balls for the sump and overflow
I need two more bulkheads. (I can't believe how many holes are in this tank!)
Lots of plumbing.
Hopefully I will be in a leak test tomorrow. Wednesday the new monster arives!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store