what happened to the show tanked

piranhalova666

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Illi
it tanked lol. I don't know about most people, but i didn't particularly like the show too much. 1. not into saltwater 2. they make rediculous tanks that no one would want (the phone booth tank) 3. apart from the actual building of the tanks, the show was scripted and bad.

on a side note i did like the one part of the show where they did african cichlids in a guys tank. but the tank was shaped like a barrel and the stand was made from kegs... IMO I'd rather set up a 300 with a piece of plywood on top of a few kegs and put that in my rec room

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
I don't get why people watch this show. The tanks are horrible and they mainly deal with saltwater. I tried to support the show but the writing and the need for comedy in every episode killed the show for me. If it does come back they should come back and set up tanks for hobbists who need better tanks. Kind of like the shows on the DIY network.

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Never saw the show but just read a little bit about it and found this... http://reefbuilders.com/2011/09/28/tanked-renewed-12-episode-season-hit-spring-2012/ should be back spring 2012. Was alot of people pissed off with how they treated the puffer and how it seems they just fill tanks and dup a ton of fish in them without any cycling or anything....but looks like they do make some neat stuff practical or not.
Hi BlindSight, no they do not just fill tanks up and add a ton of fish without any cycling or anything. They have to edit it out to make the show fit in a certain time frame; they're thinking about adding it though in season two :)

If your wondering how I know this, its because lots of people have asked them why they just add fish without cycling or anything and they respond back telling them they have to edit it out for the show. (On facebook, you can add them under "Acrylic Tank Manufacturing")

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
I don't get why people watch this show. The tanks are horrible and they mainly deal with saltwater. I tried to support the show but the writing and the need for comedy in every episode killed the show for me. If it does come back they should come back and set up tanks for hobbists who need better tanks. Kind of like the shows on the DIY network.
Agreed, but they must add some comedy in the show for the kids and also to get more viewers besides just adults :)

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
i loved the show, and was wondering the same thing too, i didnt get to see the last 2 episodes :(.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store