Newb question

Caseyslow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2011
Texas
As the title says im a newb to the gar world. I had purchased a supposed alligator gar about a month ago(will get pics to identify as soon as I can get a camera). But my question has to do with gars shedding. I thought I had read something about it in another post but not sure. Well when I woke up this morning and looked in the tank I noticed that the gar was much brighter than the night before. Is this normal or should I be worried? :confused:Any help will be much appreciated.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
My gar is also a supposed alligator gar but I think he is more likely an over priced Florida Gar. What your are describing seems to be fairly normal, sometimes I notice that my gar is a little brighter or sometimes not as bright depending on the lighting in the tank and what/how much he ate. I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

ampthefrogguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Between a Rock and a Hard Place...
My gar losing practically all his coloring when the lights are out...and then about 10 minutes after the lights go back on he is back to full vibrance. this has happened with all three gars ive had. my guess is some kind of way of not standing out at night...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store