Save the Channas

psychostick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2011
virginia
I have had many snakeheads, "evasive species" and wish they were still available in the pet trade. Any aggresive fish released into the wild that can survive the different climates will be aggresive towards local species, so do we ban all aggresive fish? Just because the media had a field day with the "frankenfish" in Maryland doesn't mean that we need to ban all large and aggresive species. I live in Virginia, and the law states that you must decapitate alny snakehead that is caught. Who's the evasive species now?

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
Not snakeheads!!!!! They can walk on land, eat small children and pets. Most don't even need water to survive. Soon, they will just develop legs instead of pectoral fins. I have witnessed them eating dogs, and not just puppies, full grown pitbulls. Dogs are no match for snakeheads. They are the mutants of the fish world!!!! Snakeheads have evolved into super fish. Have you seen "Shark Night?" It's like that, but replace snakeheads with sharks. Lock your dogs, guard your kids, and go buy a shotgun and lots of ammo!!! They are coming to your doorstep!!!! Everything fish and wildlife says is true. When do they ever lie to the public and twist things around? Fish and Wildlife, never.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
yeah it totally sucks. They even banned dwarf snakeheads that would be devoured in seconds in the wild so damn stupid.... wahhh I want a toman ):

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've been hoping that they'll legalize dwarf snakeheads in all U.S. states and the tropical ones in states that they can't survive in year-round, but the fact is that the government is too lazy to have such regulations in favor of the current broad policy since it allows for easier regulation when one considers that most officials and LFS's can't ID fishes, let alone snakeheads, if their lives depended on it!

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
I've been hoping that they'll legalize dwarf snakeheads in all U.S. states and the tropical ones in states that they can't survive in year-round, but the fact is that the government is too lazy to have such regulations in favor of the current broad policy since it allows for easier regulation when one considers that most officials and LFS's can't ID fishes, let alone snakeheads, if their lives depended on it!
If these "officials" were smart enough to actually be able to ID fish, do you think they would still be working as officials? Honestly, with these false reports of pacus being piranhas, big head carp being "giant world record goldfish," I'm beginning wonder what kind of education it takes to become one of these overpaid employees.

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
The regulations aren't working too well, The Everglades here in Florida have a lot more snakeheads than people think, The population in the U.S keeps growing and eventually they won't have control over it, I mean what are they gonna do? Poison every lake, pond, and river in the U.S? Eventually the government will have no choice but to legalize them. I've even seen a few snakehead, piranha, and a few other evasive species in my neighborhood lake, The Government can only do so much to control the population...

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
The regulations aren't working too well, The Everglades here in Florida have a lot more snakeheads than people think, The population in the U.S keeps growing and eventually they won't have control over it, I mean what are they gonna do? Poison every lake, pond, and river in the U.S? Eventually the government will have no choice but to legalize them. I've even seen a few snakehead, piranha, and a few other evasive species in my neighborhood lake, The Government can only do so much to control the population...
The snakeheads in the everglades are Channa marulius, aka cobra snakeheads. They have been there for the last 20 years. People didn't even notice them until the Northern snakeheads showed up. Then all the crazy talk about walking frankenfish, eating pets and children started coming up.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Despite of 20 years in Everglades, they hasn't able to spreading around up north or pose a threat to the Floridians. Even snakeheads from Hawaii have been there for years since 1900s.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store