$700 JEBO AQUARIUM (with PICS)

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Hi Guys,

Thinkin of adding another aquarium to the apartment. I have recently come across an Bow front aquarium I REALLY REALLY like... they will even deliver it to my house.

I don't have my own transport being a student, so all the "PICK UP ONLY" sales are not gonna do much for me. What you guys think? Go for it?

3.png1.png2.png

SPECS:

• Dark gray hood, trimming and cabinet
  • Curved front edge glass
  • Aquarium dimendions 1268mm(L) x 500mm(W) x 640mm(H)
  • Aquarium capacity 285L
  • Cabinet dimensions 1280mm(L) x 512mm(W) x 754mm(H)
  • Front flap lifts up for feeding fish
  • Hood lifts and stands vertical for working inside tank.
  • 900LPH Top filter, filter pads and ceramic filter media included.
  • Huge top filter surface area running the whole length of the tank
  • 3 x 40W T8 10000K white lights with water resistant fittings

3.png

1.png

2.png

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
In Australia tanks cost 4-5 times as much as in the states. Not just tanks, anything aquarium related due to our taxes. If i spend $700 on a second hand tank, I would get a very large tank thats true. But BRAND new.... with $700 thats all I would get. I can't put anything in there anyways, its for my flowerhorn.

The current tank he is in now, cost me $250 (second hand) 55gal... its not in the top notch shape anymore....used it only for 6 months...and I don't trust second hand tanks anymore. :/

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
Personally my advice is this. It will be your tank and your money so do what you wish and damn the hatches on what anyone else thinks.

What troubles me so much about this hobby is the way many people seem to feel the need/right to bend people over when it comes to purchasing their used tanks from them.

I am willing to bet also that the very same people feel so hard done by when someone does the same to them. Offer lowball to someone don't be surprised when life puts you in a lowball position. What comes around goes around. :popcorn:

I may be to out of the loop for people like that, but, I feel there is no problem paying someone what I consider a fair value for what they are selling me. More often than not I will simply pay the person what they are asking.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
I like the look of that tank and the ease of operation that it affords.

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Thanks guys... and talking about rip off... yeah the first time i got a second hand tank...55gal... i had n idea about tanks then...and the siilcone was lose (the tank had water in it when i saw it)... i resealed it.... later on when i asked the LFS about resealing...they told me "dude...the guy lied to you...that tanks had to have been HEAPS old for silicone to be peeling off"...

And i live in an apartment...cant afford a leak.... so I figured ill just get a tank...thats brand new and branded... comes with all the stuff.... I just wanna get rid of this old on in my room... and give my FH a new place :) this way, I dont need to worry every night I sleep "what if it leaks" :( Thanks for the advice guys!! you rock!

Andrewtfw

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Maryland
My only concern regarding the tank in your pics is the filtration pump. Kits, such as this one come and go frequently. If you decide to buy it, I would buy a back up pump and a bunch of impellars.

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Oh yes mate, I Have my own pump and filters :) from my existing 55 gal0 :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store