Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sculpin Help

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Jesse
    Last Activity
    09-21-2014 10:32 PM
    Kaosu---> t.y. and good to hear tht they can go a little while. pretty sure i seen him suck up a couple blood worms last night. the past several days he has not been in hiding; been out and about the tank, still a bit cautious tho. he sticks pretty close to the plants or rocks.

L.P----> glad to hear there is another member to the club. do you have pics posted newhere?

Wiggles---> sorry to hear tht. i love mine so far! cool little fish...

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    07-26-2014 2:42 PM
    I just lost my 2 sculpins, the first was killed by a big crayfish that I subsequently removed, the second lived for a while longer but randomly passed, not sure why Both were (seemingly) healthy and eating like pigs too...
    Mudminnow

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Jesse
    Last Activity
    Well im no longer in the "sculpin club"! my lil guss died a few days ago. sux i really liked him! have to wait till spring and im def. hunting for another one! probably will try to double stack a 55 and make one a native IN tank

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Today 1:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstanley_06 View Post
    Well im no longer in the "sculpin club"! my lil guss died a few days ago. sux i really liked him! have to wait till spring and im def. hunting for another one! probably will try to double stack a 55 and make one a native IN tank

aww im so sorry!...this happens allot from what I have seen...im guessing the warmer temps of your tank might of done it mine starts acting strange an gasping at about 75o

but don't give up! try again..maybe get a tank set up for just one alone this summer?...make sure to collect from a lake when the water is warm..some hot summer day early summer when they are all young and in the shallows..that is where i got mine..going on 2 years with the beast.
    ><((((>` . . ` . . . ><((((> . ` . ><((((> ` .

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Jesse
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosu View Post
    aww im so sorry!...this happens allot from what I have seen...im guessing the warmer temps of your tank might of done it mine starts acting strange an gasping at about 75o

but don't give up! try again..maybe get a tank set up for just one alone this summer?...make sure to collect from a lake when the water is warm..some hot summer day early summer when they are all young and in the shallows..that is where i got mine..going on 2 years with the beast.
    Thankx for the info and the condolences! im making it a personal goal to get a couple more this summer! def want to set up a native tank with these being one of the "highlight" species

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345