Aquarium 2.70x1.60x0.70 (3000 liter - 800 gallons)

Sjoeerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Netherlands
www.roggenforum.nl
A few weeks ago i started building a new tank. The dimensions will be:

Length : 2.70m
width : 1.60m
height : 0.70m

The aquarium will be made of wood. The base of the aquarium will be 3 steal beams, whitch are hanging in two walls.
The aquarium will have two windows, A big on (2.70m), and a side window (1.10m) to the bedroom.

I will use a beadfilter and two trickle filters to filtrate the tank.

I kept stingrays for 4 years, so offcouse there will be stingrays in the tank, and a asian arowana.

Palm Tree

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
England
Arnt you worried about it falling through the floor with all that weight? I take it your not on the ground floor as i can see a balcony.
Nice build though

OutLawCow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Dubai
my first post yay !!

i have been checking this thread for sometime ! i have one thing to complain about .. please post more ! update your topic more ! and post more pictures

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
cool

Sjoeerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Netherlands
www.roggenforum.nl
Thanks all, will keep you upposted

That's different but cool! How much bearing surface is under each side of the beam?
It are 3 HEA 140 beams. The the beams has 14cm of bearing surface. The total weight of the tank will be around 3000 kilograms. Zo each bearing surface will have to carry around 500 kilograms. I think that will be no problem.

The ytong-blocks under the beams doenst do anything. They're just there to hang up some stuff. I just didnt want to make anymore holes in the walls under the beams.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store