14 inch Datnoids in Chinatown seafood restraunt in USA, alive and ready to be cooked

Red_Belly_Pacu

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
Earth
I saw about 8 very large Datnoids, around 14 inches in a seafood Chinatown restraunt today. I took pics on my cell phone but I cannot figure out how to upload it. They were in a fish holding bin. They were alive but they were all jam packed in that holding bin. It seemed like they had some type of bacterial infection since their eyes were cloudy and their lips were red. Anyway, they were fishes ready to be eaten that is why they were packed in that holding bin. The restraunt specalizes in seafood. The Datnoids had three bars on each side. I am not lying about this and I was shocked myself that they had these fishes. I was wondering if they got them from Asia and had them sent over to the US or if a hobbyist gave the fishes to the restraunt.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What city is this as your location dosen't help much.....

Red_Belly_Pacu

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
Earth
I am going to ask tomorrow about the price of the cooked dat and I am going to bring my digital camara. I think it might cost more since a cooked dat seems like an exotic dish.

If you ever been to Chinatown, you know those markets where they just dump a bunch of live fishes in a holding bin, it was just like that.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
hopefully they dont have wide bar dat, there on the menu

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store