EBJD Breeding

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Could be because they are young yet. They may not show color immediately.

Sent from my MB865 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Turbotom92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Rzeszów, Poland
Give them a month or two, jack dempseys really begin to pick up color when they're around 3-4 cm. also depends on their diet. In general, I feed all my fry spirula flakes and black worms once they get about 1-2cm and I find that it brings out the color better. I noticed this after running out black worms, and I fed them only spirula flakes and they dimmed, so I bought some more BW and they got their color back. After mine got their coloration back, I stopped feeding them spirula and they started to loose color again. It's best to try to mimic their natural diet to speed up growth and bring out the bright color. I've never had an EBJD but I've raised a handful regular JD's in the past and they are sort of pale and gold at first (some are dark though from a very small size) and they get more black spots and lines in conjunction with the blue, green and teal scales.

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
i also think thats due to the fact that they are too small now,.

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
My month old jag fry look like many other species. Gold and black with no real color. Dovii fry look identical at this age, as well as many other species. Give them time and they will color up.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
I started this breeding project on a trial and error basis and reading online 3 years ago and just introduced my grown out bgjd female to my ebjd male 2months ago and now have 2 sets of fry in grow out tanks and now i just learned about bbs and have been feeding that the majority of the time for the last 3 weeks..fry seem to be growing faster than in previous generation of ebjdxjd fry and 90% of them seem to be more pale in color than i've seen before. Is it possible that the majority of the fry are EB's?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store