Shingleback skinks for Sale for you Reptile experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfon76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Hi guys:

Finally decided which ones are paired up and thus the extra males can go to others that can have them as pets or for future breeding as well.
Shingleback skinks are extremely rare in captivity and are quite an amazing pet to have. Very few reptiles display the personality and the reciprocating attitude a Shingleback has. A Pinecone lizard is almost as good as having a dog in the house in terms of company and it will sure grab the attention of anyone that comes to visit, LOL.

I have 2 males available of different species and prices. I paid waaaaaaay more for them than what I am selling them for but I am not trying to make money but rather cut my losses and make someone else happy.

The first pic is a male Eastern Shingleback (Trachydosaurus rugosus asper). He is about 8 years old (keep in mind they can live up to 50 years), good eater, and very freindly. Priced at $2000.

The second male is a Rottnest Island Shingleback (Trachydosaurus rugosus konowi). These are the rarest of all Shinglebacks in collections and even zoos. Smoother scalation and a bit more shy but still a great animal. This guy is older with some people telling me he should be at least 15 years old. Priced at $2500.

PM me with any questions.

Ivan

Aspers03.jpg

Konowi06.jpg

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
if only...:(

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
:screwy:
AroW;584687; said:
Are these GILA MONSTERS?
jeez.. read the post...

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
damm man those are some extreme ass lizards or skinks. either way hope ur breeding project is succesful and good luck with the sales.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
AroW;584745; said:
jeez I was just saying they look like them
they don't even look like gila's in the least:screwy:

alfon76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
They are not Gilas, they are in the same family as Blue Tongue Skinks. They are also known as Pinecone lizards or Sleepy lizards as they spend a lot of time being lazy and sleeping.

They are very personable animals and definitely give you a new view at what reptiles can be.

Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store