10" Florida Gar won't eat

Eric99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just bought a 10" Florida Gar at my lfs and it won't eat any shrimp, bloodworms, silversides or even live nightcrawlers. I know they were feeding them feeder goldfish at the pet shop but I don't want to feed those especially since my Peacock Bass will beat him out since they are so quick. Any suggestions?

TheAlmostPanda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2011
Los Angeles or Bombay
Yeah mine didn't touch anything for atleast three days, um get something live and close to the bottom that worked for mine

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
One, p bass plus gar is a no no
two, give it live fish. It takes training to get it to take something else. Fish solves your problem

Eric99

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have had it for 5 days. I can't seperate it from them-I don't have any more tanks. The lfs told me they would take it back next Thursday if it still doesn't eat. I don't really want to start feeding feeder fish. It is real nice not having to buy those. All my fish are trained to eat pellets, frozen, flakes and/or nightcrawlers.

TheAlmostPanda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2011
Los Angeles or Bombay
The feeders will help it adjust, try not to change to many things at once. so far the gars tank, tank mates, water perimeters, and food are being changed. That's a lot for a still juvinille fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store