Help me legalize the importation of the asian arowana!!!!

How many years?

• One

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Two

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Three

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Four

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Five

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other; please specify w/ justification.

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
Wether or not this legislation may eventually pass in a federal court, no one knows, but for now, i need your help with a theoretical legislation for a mock debate...

the poll question involves the minimum # of years required (in order to recieve a permit for legal importation/care) for someone to have cared for another arowana species.

REMEMBER, THIS WOULD POTENTIALY APPLY TO ALL US CITIZENS, SO ANSWER WHAT WOULD BE BEST FOR EVERYONE!

thank you for your help. Black Wolf

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
anyone?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i wont vote just yet because i might not be getting it, but surely it would be no years, as they are a different species of fish and therefore have different care to some of the other species...
how would looking after say an african arowana for a number of years help, other than you have a knowledge of fishkeeping.

surely it would be like saying you cant have one species of python until youve had others of a different python species even though they all have different husbandry?

also if it is made expensive and a lot of effort, people would surely know how to look after the species once they have it

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
could this be used efficiently enought though?

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
something realistic please.

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
all right then; is anyone willing to suggest an appropraite alternative for permit requiremnts.? Here is the rough outline of what the permit requirements would be:

The requirements necessary in order for persons to receive a permit are as follows:
• Proof of active experience with other species of Arowana for a minimum of ?? years
• Proof of adequate housing, equipment, etc; in order to maintain the species
• Intentions to breed these species for resale in captivity

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
I hope you understand the distinction between legislation that is enacted by the Legislature and regulation that is promulgated by the USFWS. The Legislature enacted the Endangered Species Act and the President (Nixon?) signed it into law in the early 1970s. The Endangered Species Act gives the USFWS and NMFS the authority to adopt regulations implementing the Act. These include the listing of endangered species, identifying critical habitat, adopting recovery plans, etc. The listing of Asian arowanas in 1976 is a result of regulation, not legislation.

blackwolfXKAV

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
New Britain, CT.
So what you are saying, is that, in theory, this could not be approved and placed into affect by the "US Senate"?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store