Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2010
Hello
baby - 2"?

2"-5"?

6"-12"?

12"+?

Once a day, everyday? twice per day? three times per day?

do you skip one day per week for them to starve?

just wondering what everyone else does

i feed my guys everyday, twice per day

they range from 1.5" to around 7" and they are all in the same tank so i feed them twice per day everyday

betppl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
I fed mine once a day. They range from 6" to 15". Food are thrown all over the tank to ensure all have chances of eating.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
ALL tigers should be feed daily no matter what size and they should be fed until they cant eat anymore

most people under feed there tigers thats why they say they are slow growing

and as for feeding prawn or shrimp its like feeding them bits o wet cotton wool it fills them up but has nothing in it

pellets are the best for tigers to grow and stay healthy FACT

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
It is not fair to say shrimps/fish-fillets contain nothing as the way some experienced keeper put it repeatedly. While it is not as varied ingredient-wise as pellets, but it contains a lot more than nothing. I raised my jardini from 3" to > 15" on shrimps/talapia/salmon as staple with an average growth of 1"+/month, and then I stuffed the shrimps with pellets when the fish was big enough to take bigger pieces. That growth rate was not slow for jardini or asian aros BTW. I wonder what people were feeding their aro's or dats many years ago before pellets became popular in the hobby. I for sure didn't know about pellets at all 20+ years ago, and we had asian arowanas in the family then.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It is not fair to say shrimps/fish-fillets contain nothing as the way some experienced keeper put it repeatedly.
LOL....It sounds as if you have for the most part kept your fishes diet varied and not exclusively shrimp or prawn based so there were other factors at play in their growth.There are probably a few different types of shrimp in the natural waters of most dat species and they probably eat plenty of them,along with the fish that they take in.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Realise pellets are best for growth but if you had a choice for growth would you go silversides/fish or prawn/shrimp?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Realise pellets are best for growth but if you had a choice for growth would you go silversides/fish or prawn/shrimp?
If they were both equal I'd go with the fish/shrimp combo,can't go wrong with variety AND what their body systems are made to process.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
It is not fair to say shrimps/fish-fillets contain nothing as the way some experienced keeper put it repeatedly. While it is not as varied ingredient-wise as pellets, but it contains a lot more than nothing. I raised my jardini from 3" to > 15" on shrimps/talapia/salmon as staple with an average growth of 1"+/month, and then I stuffed the shrimps with pellets when the fish was big enough to take bigger pieces. That growth rate was not slow for jardini or asian aros BTW. I wonder what people were feeding their aro's or dats many years ago before pellets became popular in the hobby. I for sure didn't know about pellets at all 20+ years ago, and we had asian arowanas in the family then.
im still driving that black car but its white to you

if shrimp is so great can you explain the big difference in growth between a tiger who only eats prawn and another that eats pellets

i only ask as you must have done the 4 years testing i have to prove your point

most aros grow at 1inch per month even with min feeding you cant compair a fish that grows fast like a aro to something people say grows slow like a tiger

you say yourself you stuff the prawn with pellets why bother if they dont boost growth

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If they were both equal I'd go with the fish/shrimp combo,can't go wrong with variety AND what their body systems are made to process.
you are all talking about salt water foods which are not good for a FW fish would you let your kids eat loads of salt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store