Fishing Forum Regulations

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Hi Guy's welcome to the Fishing forum where we can share tales of fish caught and tales of " the ones that got away " in this perticular forum we will accept pictures meaning you don't have to post them in the photo lounge if you don't want to just aslong as there fishing related, we will not accept members showing anything in bad taste such as spear fishing or anything which would be considered in humane.

Other than that guys welcome to the Fishing Forum :)

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
:D I defiantly don’t want to see Bow fishing I practice catch and release but I totally understand you caught it you want to eat it that’s fine by me but please please please I don’t want to see loads of dead fish with bolts and arrows stuck out of them in my eyes this is not fishing.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
AGREED, i saw people doing that and releasing the CArp after they had aroows in them my dad flipped his WIG, and made them leave.. i was like 6...HA

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
While carp populations will never be hurt by bowfishing, you will never reduce the population this way either. You want to, then go for it, just use the fish for something.

jmart.cooper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2007
A long way from Amphioxus
well im glad i live here in colorado, i can go fish some of the best trout waters in the country every weekend. well that is when its not below freezing. lol, well im glad i found this fishing forum, didnt know it was here

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
If you catch the fish to eat, therefore kill it, what is the difference between taking it by hook and line or bow/spear? I do not believe bow/spear fishing is inhumane because the fish are usually killed instantly unlike hook and line. I would never endorse bow/spear fishing for purely sport (not eating fish but discarding them). Also I have never even seen a picture of a speared fish on here. I do not bow/spear fish and this isn't an attack on anyone, but I don't understand the reasoning behind this regulation.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
magic;1475009; said:
If you catch the fish to eat, therefore kill it, what is the difference between taking it by hook and line or bow/spear? I do not believe bow/spear fishing is inhumane because the fish are usually killed instantly unlike hook and line. I would never endorse bow/spear fishing for purely sport (not eating fish but discarding them). Also I have never even seen a picture of a speared fish on here. I do not bow/spear fish and this isn't an attack on anyone, but I don't understand the reasoning behind this regulation.

I really don’t want to start off a huge argument but yes your are right on most counts but! The difference between fishing with a hook is you can catch and release it if you want but with the bow it’s dead. The argument that it kills it right away is incorrect the one that up sets me the most is the Alligator gars some of theses fish reach huge sizes and are very old and they are played on reels on the bows so no they are not killer right away and a lot of people don’t eat gar (yes some do) but most end up as a trophy or dog food.

Take a look at this how many bolts……. Didn’t look very dead first time there………

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfyJBnC0dw

now isn't this one better

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy1_r2a5qU

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Lame rule IMO. You can bet that this summer when I go gigging I will be posting pics.

So, you are saying as a mod, becuase YOU feel spearfishing and bowfishing are inhumane and not sport YOU can ban posting pics of it here based solely on YOUR FEELINGS?

Free dive spear fishing is more of a sport then sitting on a bank with corn on the end of your hook will ever be! :irked:

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
stotty;1475711; said:
I really don’t want to start off a huge argument but yes your are right on most counts but! The difference between fishing with a hook is you can catch and release it if you want but with the bow it’s dead. The argument that it kills it right away is incorrect the one that up sets me the most is the Alligator gars some of theses fish reach huge sizes and are very old and they are played on reels on the bows so no they are not killer right away and a lot of people don’t eat gar (yes some do) but most end up as a trophy or dog food.

Take a look at this how many bolts……. Didn’t look very dead first time there………

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfyJBnC0dw

now isn't this one better

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vUy1_r2a5qU
Ok good point on the bow fishing, I know spear fishing usually kills the fish instantly (at least what people go for around here). If they were going for a smaller fish, and I mean just to eat I would assume the arrow would kill it in one hit.

JD7.62;1475871; said:
Free dive spear fishing is more of a sport then sitting on a bank with corn on the end of your hook will ever be! :irked:
Very true.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store