Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Todd
    Last Activity
    11-02-2012 7:34 PM

135 Oceanic Build!

Finished 1st place in a poker tourney Sat night with a 1k payout! 135 Oceanic build incoming!!

Rule number one in fish keeping is that no matter how big your tank is, you always want a bigger one...

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Today 11:49 AM
    Saweeeet.

keep us updated.
    150 gallon
    125 gallon
    55 gallon

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Joe
    Last Activity
    12-29-2012 9:19 AM
    great setup so far love the tank size

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Todd
    Last Activity
    Ghetto phase incoming. Logistics - moving the 75 stock into the 135, bare with me!!!! Lights are ordered and on the way, new sump will be constructed this weekend hopefully! PH 8, Ammonia/NO2 0, NO3 10ppm - fish and my 2 crappy pieces of LR are in!

Rule number one in fish keeping is that no matter how big your tank is, you always want a bigger one...

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    12-14-2013 5:35 PM
    Damn, You work fast! Normally I see threads like this and have to wait a week before I see any progress. Nice Poker win IMHO!

Mike

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Todd
    Last Activity
    haha yeah it happens when you have a wife on you to "get this crap out of my kitchen now!!!!"

Smallmouth Bass
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    06-05-2014 10:59 PM
    Congrats on your poker wins, gives you some cash to spend on your tank.

Nice clean setup by the way

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Todd
    Last Activity
    Next DIY phase will be to construct the new sump. I will take pics of this process because I have some cool ideas brewing using the 2 small tanks I have left over.

Tank will be growing out rock for now. Would like to establish a full 100lb wall eventually. I am out of cash so it could take a few months to grow some dead rock out.

Probably going to add a few more fish also (wife and kids request). My 4" rabbitfish looks like a mino in this thing....lol

Sump will be using bioballs until I can get enough rock to keep the nitrates low, then I will replace the balls with a refuge (mangroves, cheato, halmedia, caulerpa, misc micro algae etc). Then perhaps drop in some soft coral and a few lps and try my luck at reef.

Soon as my 72" light gets here, I will package up and sell the 75 gallon + stand and 48" light, and purchase a portable RO/DI unit to make my own water. Perhaps plumb it in later but for now keep it simple and manual.

The RO unit is top priority right now because I am sure as heck not lugging water from the LFS for this thing on a weekly basis...and any recommendations on a decent RO unit would be fantastic!

Although the glass cover that came with this tank was taken care of, it snugs a tight fit and I did not evap much at all yesterday. Woot!

For a 6 year old tank (luckily the PO only ran freshwater), this thing was VERY well taken care of. Got to love craigslist....
    Last edited by BigCountry; 02-03-2012 at 9:53 AM.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Todd
    Last Activity
    Added a 3lb piece of purple coralline covered rock today. Had some yellow softies and other critters inside. Hopefully I can seed this coralline, it looks amazing...also added some hermits also to keep the sand top white hopefully.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422570_3002741902070_1068029606_3005146_1496830593 _n.jpg[/img]

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    08-18-2014 9:02 PM
    nice set up
    It's not rocket surgery!

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast