135 Oceanic Build!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Finished 1st place in a poker tourney Sat night with a 1k payout! 135 Oceanic build incoming!!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Ghetto phase incoming. Logistics - moving the 75 stock into the 135, bare with me!!!! Lights are ordered and on the way, new sump will be constructed this weekend hopefully! PH 8, Ammonia/NO2 0, NO3 10ppm - fish and my 2 crappy pieces of LR are in!

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
Damn, You work fast! Normally I see threads like this and have to wait a week before I see any progress. Nice Poker win IMHO!

Mike

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
haha yeah it happens when you have a wife on you to "get this crap out of my kitchen now!!!!"
:D

Dayvydp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
CTEX
Congrats on your poker wins, gives you some cash to spend on your tank.

Nice clean setup by the way

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Next DIY phase will be to construct the new sump. I will take pics of this process because I have some cool ideas brewing using the 2 small tanks I have left over. :D

Tank will be growing out rock for now. Would like to establish a full 100lb wall eventually. I am out of cash so it could take a few months to grow some dead rock out. :(

Probably going to add a few more fish also (wife and kids request). My 4" rabbitfish looks like a mino in this thing....lol

Sump will be using bioballs until I can get enough rock to keep the nitrates low, then I will replace the balls with a refuge (mangroves, cheato, halmedia, caulerpa, misc micro algae etc). Then perhaps drop in some soft coral and a few lps and try my luck at reef. :D

Soon as my 72" light gets here, I will package up and sell the 75 gallon + stand and 48" light, and purchase a portable RO/DI unit to make my own water. Perhaps plumb it in later but for now keep it simple and manual.

The RO unit is top priority right now because I am sure as heck not lugging water from the LFS for this thing on a weekly basis...and any recommendations on a decent RO unit would be fantastic!

Although the glass cover that came with this tank was taken care of, it snugs a tight fit and I did not evap much at all yesterday. Woot!

For a 6 year old tank (luckily the PO only ran freshwater), this thing was VERY well taken care of. Got to love craigslist....:D

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Added a 3lb piece of purple coralline covered rock today. Had some yellow softies and other critters inside. Hopefully I can seed this coralline, it looks amazing...also added some hermits also to keep the sand top white hopefully. :D

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422570_3002741902070_1068029606_3005146_1496830593_n.jpg[/img]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store