americas wang
throw up some line to line, blood, bimini, etc

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
Great post Dan ... thanks! I've just been getting back into fishing lately for the first time since I was kid. I always used the same knot to tie everything, so now I'm gonna try some of yours! :D

toxicfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan
Good info... I have used the "Trilene Knot" since I began fishing about 20 years ago. It is the way my dad showed me how to tie a knot, never knew what it was called.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Always used a clinch knot,tried the modified a few times but messed it up.

The clinch is cool cause it wont slip under load but you can slide it out to tie on another lure.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
stotty;599743; said:
take a look at this
A sneak preview of the Fox Essential Guide to Carp Rigs. Which is available for you to view on-line by clicking the 2 Windows Media Player previews below.

http://articles.carp.com/videos/fox-intro.wmv

http://articles.carp.com/videos/fox-rig.wmv
Paul the second rig ( 2nd clip ) shows the line going threw the hook to form a loop which is then pulled over the hook and then tightend up following that the line then get's snipped a swivel and a bead are then placed on the short peice of line with a naked flame the end is melted and flattened.

My question is how can that flattened peice of melted line hold while you pull in a 20lb carp ??? it dosen't seem right or strong enough.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
DanDanUK;600966; said:
Paul the second rig ( 2nd clip ) shows the line going threw the hook to form a loop which is then pulled over the hook and then tightend up following that the line then get's snipped a swivel and a bead are then placed on the short peice of line with a naked flame the end is melted and flattened.

My question is how can that flattened peice of melted line hold while you pull in a 20lb carp ??? it dosen't seem right or strong enough.
I have used that burn and dab method on loops for maggot rigs and they have given way so I my self would not trust it either I would use it on small water but even then you have seen fish bend hooks used for trout fishing those B175 hoods I tied for you was a fly hook so no I would knout use it on a water where I thought there were large fish also I used braid over Mono or Flouro for 99% of my Carp fishing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store