Senegal Bichir
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    01-26-2014 9:50 PM

my savannah monitor taking down a few pinky mice ..

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Sean
    Last Activity
    10-16-2014 11:12 PM
    You really shouldn't feed a Savannah rodents, they're insectivores unlike most monitors. You should give him a proper substrate he can burrow in as well...
    Not what, but when, who, why and how are the main questions, none of which will be an easy answer. However due to this fact and misinformation about said information, one would wonder where I am going with this. It is of course a great pondering for such persons which by now would have no clue as to what the hell I am talking about. However this would be above and beyond the basic explanation of such. But the simple fact is I am studying to be a politician. Questions?

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    joseph
    Last Activity
    10-20-2014 7:48 PM
    Why the planks of wood

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
    -Registered Psychopath I am the one who rings the doorbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Barnett
    The focus is on the animal and its needs, rather than on our own anthropomorphic thoughts about what they want or need. Let the animal choose, don't choose for it, because it knows its needs, not you. Stop trying to pretend you're an expert, and stop trying to pretend others are experts because they wrote some stuff down. None of us are experts, the ones in cages are.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Jose
    Last Activity
    05-23-2013 2:18 PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A. gigas View Post
    You really shouldn't feed a Savannah rodents, they're insectivores unlike most monitors. You should give him a proper substrate he can burrow in as well...
    He is RIGHT! You need to get him deep substrate,high basking temps & humidity,Insects,scorpions, with out these thing we are saying he will not survive long.So please we are not picking on you,we are trying to help your lizard!Here's a great sitehttp://savannahmonitor.org/ with a great sucessful knowledge for keeping these lil buggers!

Senegal Bichir
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    well the planks are a second story i built in his cage to get him closer to his heat source.. his tank until i get his permanent home built is tall so i wanted him to get closer to the heat uvb sorceres..he will get the deep substrate in his other home

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    joseph
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaGuy View Post
    well the planks are a second story i built in his cage to get him closer to his heat source.. his tank until i get his permanent home built is tall so i wanted him to get closer to the heat uvb sorceres..he will get the deep substrate in his other home
    ok... that almost solves two problems, but what about the pinkies (dubia roaches are much healthier)
    The focus is on the animal and its needs, rather than on our own anthropomorphic thoughts about what they want or need. Let the animal choose, don't choose for it, because it knows its needs, not you. Stop trying to pretend you're an expert, and stop trying to pretend others are experts because they wrote some stuff down. None of us are experts, the ones in cages are.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Sean
    Last Activity
    10-16-2014 11:12 PM
    Any inverts are much healthier for savs than any rodents, particularly the little sacks of fat called pinkies..
    Not what, but when, who, why and how are the main questions, none of which will be an easy answer. However due to this fact and misinformation about said information, one would wonder where I am going with this. It is of course a great pondering for such persons which by now would have no clue as to what the hell I am talking about. However this would be above and beyond the basic explanation of such. But the simple fact is I am studying to be a politician. Questions?

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    joseph
    Last Activity
    ^ true but I think dubias would be the best option

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Senegal Bichir
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    I have a colonie of dubias that I have tryed feeding him many differnt sizes from but the only thing he will would eat was small crickets .. I tryed the pinky after a friend recommended trying it . and he took it right away .. .I dont plan on feeding him more of them but it did seem to stimulate his apatite .. he is now taking all kinds of things from roaches , super worms , crickets and I even gave him some grass hoppers that my local store had .. I am very happy that he is eating every day now with lots of gusto for life..

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    joseph
    Last Activity
    good to hear