Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 6:43 PM
    i had a marineland stealth heater blow up in my tank, it was full of water and i hadn't done a water change to cause it. i was actually sitting on the couch watching tv and it sounded like what you'd imagine a grenade going off under water, a muffled *KRUMP* sound.

then again, they did have a recall on them for that reason.

Banned
    Usergroup
    Banned
    Real Name
    Pete
    Last Activity
    02-09-2013 11:03 AM
    I took mine out last week! I'm mailing the two I have for cash.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    i had that one pictured above, as well as 2 others, i believe two were 250w's and one was a 300w. i could be mistaken. i returned them and picked up some 300w eheim jagers.

Redbelly Piranha
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    04-01-2014 6:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hereticlosmorte View Post
    i had that one pictured above, as well as 2 others, i believe two were 250w's and one was a 300w. i could be mistaken. i returned them and picked up some 300w eheim jagers.
    Yes Ehieim Jagers, but dun forget to get the heater guard as well just incase your ray decide to check it out and get burn.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by kodzzz View Post
    Yes Ehieim Jagers, but dun forget to get the heater guard as well just incase your ray decide to check it out and get burn.
    i have had guards on my heaters since before i got into rays, so all good there. never have problems with heater burns.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Last Activity
    04-21-2014 9:48 PM
    Ya I didnt unplug my heater when I was doing my 50% water changes on my old 29 gallon and out of no where I just hear a huge bang and then I look up and there is just bits of the heater everywhere (little rubber one I got for like $30) and I just saw like a little spark then I immediately unplugged everything and turned it off. Luckily nothing was in the tank and it was a turtle tank and the turtles were in my outdoor play pool I set up for them (with my mom) not alone but I learned a lesson and now I use glass heaters

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Gianni
    Last Activity
    06-06-2013 3:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1002 View Post
    Ya I didnt unplug my heater when I was doing my 50% water changes on my old 29 gallon and out of no where I just hear a huge bang and then I look up and there is just bits of the heater everywhere (little rubber one I got for like $30) and I just saw like a little spark then I immediately unplugged everything and turned it off. Luckily nothing was in the tank and it was a turtle tank and the turtles were in my outdoor play pool I set up for them (with my mom) not alone but I learned a lesson and now I use glass heaters

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
    I know witch heater you are talking about. they aqugon pros are not bad. I use on in my sisters(should be mine because i take care of it) res aquarium. Glass heaters break too so don't think that the aqugon pro was bad because it broke. They are good for fish like pacus and Oscars ect who break things a lot. It is also good for turtles because a turtle could break a glass heater.

Spotted Gar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    10-02-2013 4:52 PM
    just put the heater at the bottom of the tank or put it in the sump. problem solved. or, spend a little more money and pick up a titanium heater

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345