141x29x31 inch 360x75x80 work in progress

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
I started building my 360 cm (141 inch) aquarium. This aquarium i make, just like my previous project, from multiplex and liquid pond liner. I liked working with these products with my 2200 liter Malawi aquarium. I want to link both aquariums to each other through the filtering. I got reasonable extra capacity with my Malawi aquarium, but do want to make a new filter part with that. Also for the heating i would like to link the aquariums to eachother. And also my current heating system has extra capacity.
Besides all this i want to make a solarcollector for the whole system.
I started building the substructure of the aquarium, i think it is easy to make and doesn't cost too much. I plan to finish the whole with laminate. And i think i will also do that with the already existing aquarium, because i want both aquariums to have the same look.
The existing aquarium i painted, looks ok, but i don't want to paint for weeks anymore, lol. I don't know yet what i will use to create a background. And i think that when it is all finished, the Malawi fish will go to the aquarium i'm building now and that i will use the existing aquarium voor middle american cichlids.

8.jpg9.jpg10.jpgDSCF3195kopie.jpgDSCF3196.jpgDSCF3198.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

DSCF3195kopie.jpg

DSCF3196.jpg

DSCF3198.jpg

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
Today i bought the wood for the aquarium and some underlayment for the construction. I connected the parts together and glued some

parts, including the underlayment. I still have to do some work at the construction, but i'm satisfied with the progress.
Getting stuff always takes a lot of time, so i hope the next few days i can work and take it easy.
I do have to buy some material to finish it, but i saw at a retail shop some laminate that i liked and can use for that and this week its for

sale too!

The costs so far are:
110 euro (145 USD) for the bars + screws
240 euro (316 USD) for all the wood of the aquarium + plate material for the substructure, glue and screws

I bought everything at a retail shop where i also could use some coupons for 20% off.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Nice progress :) Not putting anything filter, hardware etc under the tank? (thinking of the hight.) These big builds take so much space already, so the space under should be used for something imo:)

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
Nice progress :) Not putting anything filter, hardware etc under the tank? (thinking of the hight.) These big builds take so much space already, so the space under should be used for something imo:)
I don't want to put filter parths underneath the aquarium cause than its always difficult to get to. I want to connect both aquariums on the excisting filter, which i do want to extend with an extra wet bio filter.

100_3541.JPG

This is the excisting filter installation with a dry a wet and a Fluidised bed filter, they should have enough capacity. Specially with an extra wet bio filter.

100_3541.JPG

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
Today i bought the wood for the aquarium and some underlayment for the construction. I connected the parts together and glued some parts, including the underlayment. I still have to do some work at the construction, but i'm satisfied with the progress.
Getting stuff always takes a lot of time, so i hope the next few days i can work and take it easy.
I do have to buy some material to finish it, but i saw at a retail shop some laminate that i liked and can use for that and this week its for sale too!

The costs so far are:
110 euro (145 USD) for the bars + screws
240 euro (316 USD) for all the wood of the aquarium + plate material for the substructure, glue and screws

I bought everything at a retail shop where i also could use some coupons for 20% off.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
I'm mostly busy with the front, the whole is quite long this is especially a difficulty at the top of the frame.

1.jpg

3.jpg

24.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

24.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Nice progress, subscribed.