How long without food?

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm going on vacation for a week and will not be able to feed my fish. I have 5 yellow labs and an ice blue cichlid. Will they be fine with a week without food? Also I have a yellow lab holding and I plan on stripping her before I leave (at that time she will have being holding the fry for 3 weeks). Will the fry be okay with out food for a week? I can put some large sinking cichlid pellets that they can slowly nibble off of. Do those 7 day fish feeder block things work?

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
The adults will be fine, and the fry should be okay provided you feed them before you leave.

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I would not use the 7 day fish blocks. I have never personally used them, but I have been told they foul water and can create other problems. Again, not my own experience just what I have heard.

ricomambo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2009
SoCal
www.youtube.com
I've used both a weekend food block and the auto feeder, had no issues after coming back from my vacation... if you want to be safe, just use the autofeeder, you can buy one on ebay for less than $20...

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I've used both a weekend food block and the auto feeder, had no issues after coming back from my vacation... if you want to be safe, just use the autofeeder, you can buy one on ebay for less than $20...
Yep sun sun all the way. 14.99 included s&h my rbp are thanking me right now as i too have been gone for a week

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
F1 VET
Do you have a link to the one you bought? I don't what to end up with a bad one.

I was also considering buying one from my pet store and returning it later.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store