My happy thread.

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
so..i have two pearl pups coming the end of the month..
so i have sitting here with a tank full of goldfish for the last month getting bored as hell...so..
i went to petsmart and got me a little 3" tri colored oscar. cute as hell. great marking.
but i have two 4" goldfish that push him around....
their day win come..soon enough.

anyway..alot of drama happening and feelings getting hurt so i wanted to make a happy thread.

with a no drama thread i expect about 20 veiws.

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
i got most of my polys eating sinking wafers, algae wafers, and massivore/canivore pellets :)

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
ya know Blkp...i am starting to get the feeling you dont like me very much :(
and thats a shame because i think you and all your information- or lack there of...is just the bee's knee's.

you want to LOL because i got banned for a week?
cool..i am glad i could give you a good laugh because i have been laughing at you get owned, in every thread that you tell someone they are wrong, all week long.
you are 100% fun.

now..back to happy stuff.
I just bought a drilled (two holes) glass 125 saltwater set up (not including a protein skimmer) for $150.00 off craigslist.
tank, sump, light, 6 water pumps, 2 air pumps, 1 heater w/ two heater guards. a portable RO unit that you screw into the kitchen sink for water changes. all in all i got a lot of shibby for almost nothing.

i do have a question about filtration ....i have heard coral or crushed coral is good for a freshwater system. can some one tell me the benefits, if any, to having it rather then having bio balls?
i ask because the sump was filled with both.
thanks a lor for the help.
V.

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
We live VERY close to eachother and I would LOVE to see your rays, especially your pearls when they come in!
you can come up anytime you want. we can hit a fish store..i found a place in maryland that sells baby hystrix for 39.99..so i will be getting a female in a week or so.

yesjenks

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2011
Clifton NJ
"i do have a question about filtration ....i have heard coral or crushed coral is good for a freshwater system. can some one tell me the benefits, if any, to having it rather then having bio balls?
i ask because the sump was filled with both.
thanks a lor for the help.
V."

I'm know expert but I'm guessing they hd CC in the sump while running a SW setup. It would give the PODS a place to populate and breed. I don't think it would have any significant benefits in a FW setup.

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
you can come up anytime you want. we can hit a fish store..i found a place in maryland that sells baby hystrix for 39.99..so i will be getting a female in a week or so.
Nice! Today I just paid a high price for a new retic. I take delivery in a week. $110! Why? Best retic I've ever seen. And its 6-7 inches already. If only it was female! I think I might sell my other male and keep looking for a proper female. Hystrix for $40? I can't resist. Did you go there or was there a site? How can I get some? Have you been to Pristine Aquariums?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
great pick up. post pictures when you can.
i have never been to pristine aquariums ..but i would love too..where is it?

side notr. the 125 is filled and has my little fish in it..
in the last week i picked up a wild Oscar and a Pike.
now i just need my rays.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store