why can't i have an aro group

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
as titled everything was normal yesterday then this morning this.:cry::irked: i don't know why at this point nor will i have a firm answer just a few possibilities. the water was just a little high on the nitrates but no nitrite or ammonia last night. i checked it since it was due for a wc today.

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
the hybrid is mostly dead, but there is a slim chance it will come back. bigger aros were 17-18", smaller aros were 13-14" and the tsn was 21"

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Holy crap, what the heck happened. So sorry to see.

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Sucks to see that, maybe now u can learn from ur mistake and make sure u do weekly water changes even if its just 10%

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
wow bro. Sorry for your loss...
thanks

Holy crap, what the heck happened. So sorry to see.
thanks, and i have no idea.

i don't know if one of the catfish vomited and messed the water up or if my dumb ass apartment people used a pestaside in the apartiment and it got on my cleaning hose or what. i got home at midnight and everything was same as usual. then my brother got up at 6am and all the aros were dead. by 8am when i woke up(he didn't wake me up for an unknown reason) my tsn was dead and the hybrid was mostly dead.

all the filters were going, no stray currents, plenty of flow for oxygen. i changed out all the tanks yesterday except this one and just cleaned some turds off the bottom till i got prime today. then this, i am just lost as to how this could have happened.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
whoa...what did the TSN eat?
it was an 8-10" pleco. it has eaten larger meals before with out issue and this was just eaten day before yesterday.

Sucks to see that, maybe now u can learn from ur mistake and make sure u do weekly water changes even if its just 10%

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
no mistake on my part the nitrate was at 25ppm last night everything else was perfict! i do bi weekly wc at 75% and i have hydroponics so the nitrate never gets above 30ppm. 99% of the time the nitrate is at no more then 20ppm, it only gets higher then 20ppm if i feed just before i go to sleep and there is extra on the bottom that they didn't eat. i am not new to fish keeping.

Wow. Sorry for the big loss...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
thanks

damn sorry to see that i wonder what the hell happened
thanks, see the reply to brians post for my ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store