geo's?

Spartacus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
ft.myers,florida
got them from Petsupermarket,labeled assorted s.a. Looked like they were taking a beating,so I rescued them.2in.,any guesses?
[video=youtube;qtXyJZS-YKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtXyJZS-YKE[/video]

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I have 3 geophagus Surinamesis and 3 geophagus jurupari... Very colorful fish when they get bigger... My avatar is a full grown geo Surinamesis with lots of color also not that hard to take care of.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

abarilot

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
By the Beach!
I'm going to have to disagree. If they are coming from a tank labeled as assorted SA they are not going to be surinamensis. They are a little young but most likely G. altifrons. True surinamensis are very rare in the hobby. This group of Geos is labeled as the Surinamensis complex which includes altifrons, abalios, and a whole bunch of others. When they get a couple of inches bigger I can give you a positive ID, young Geos tend not to display adult morphological characteristics.

FYI ckcdrummer at a quick glance I believe yours G. abalios....hard to tell from small photo

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Idk if I'm seeing things, but if you pause the video at 30 sec, it looks like there is a y bar present? Possibly Dicrozoster?

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Well all I know is they look exactly like the ones I have and I have Surinamesis. And Surinamesis are the most common in my area, I see them all the time.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store