picky bichirs

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
i have an endlicheri endlicheri bichir which is 6 inches long,it is very picky ifeed it mp and sinking pellets.during feeding time it swallow a pellet/mp and spit it out,sometimes it eats it what can i do about its behavior,im worried cause this will affect its growth rate. :(

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
anyone??lol

Dayvydp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
CTEX
offer shrimp or blood worms to get him to eat. But if you're trying to train him onto pellets, he will get the hint eventually.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
feed it small pieces of tilapia. It will eat it. I would't worry about the growth rate because it will grow as long as you dont starve it for super long it should be fine.

Llamalord

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2009
Montana
I've found each poly to have it's own preferences, mine for instance won't even touch blood worms or mysis shrimp

Try fillets of tillapia or if you can earthworms (make sure to rinse well before feeding) or ghost shrimp. Every poly I've seen has eaten those.

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
i will try to feed tilapia,fillets and earthworms whether it works or not,im tired of overfeeding it and constant water changes every week

Llamalord

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2009
Montana
Don't worry too much, stop feeding them for a day or two let him get just a little hungry, and try a little of what was suggested. It usually also helps to feed just before lights out. Polys are primarily nocturnal feeders so they're usually more comfortable eating when it isn't very bright.

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
the tilapia worked with great results llamalord it actually doesnt hestitate to eat it and it doesnt spit the tilapia out:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store