Hurricane delta and the power cut

fishty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2012
Spain
A few years ago I was living by the sea in a small village. I left the city to head back home and the bus had problems keeping in one lane due to increasing wind speeds. that evening the power went off. It didn't come back on the following day. I was concerned about the lack of aeration in my aquariums and the lack of heat for my iguana. I took the bus to the city and along the way saw the destruction that had been caused by the tail-end of hurricane delta. I wanted to buy battery powered air-pumps but shops were closed due to widespread powercuts. a couple of days later I discovered that all the pet shops had sold out of battery powered air-pumps and even batteries were difficult to get hold of. The village was without power for almost a week. Finally I managed to get hold of some battery powered air-pumps but it was too late for the majority of my tropical fish. I was ready to throw in the towel after losing so many fish but a neighbour convinced me keep on fishkeeping.
Now I live in the city and power cuts are few and far between but at least I have my battery powered air-pumps and spare batteries on standby just in case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store