automatic system

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Well, I've never done it personally, but a drip system and working out an autofeeder would be the main things. You'd probably have to look into commercial autofeeders for like large scale fish hatcheries--I'm sure there's something out there but I've never had a need to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

puppy_wounder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2011
maryland
Well, I've never done it personally, but a drip system and working out an autofeeder would be the main things. You'd probably have to look into commercial autofeeders for like large scale fish hatcheries--I'm sure there's something out there but I've never had a need to look into it.

ok thanks my friends in the army and wants a fishtank but hes gone for long periods of time

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
What about filtration Einsteins? You may get away with just a few small fish for that length of time but large fish or many fish in a tank, I don't think the mechanical could last that long before clogging.
what in the heck is "filtration Einsteins"? I didn't find it by Googling different ways.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
What about filtration Einsteins? You may get away with just a few small fish for that length of time but large fish or many fish in a tank, I don't think the mechanical could last that long before clogging.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I wouldn't reccomend trying it at all, but it is possible. There are many many canisters that do fine for longer periods of time without clogging. I've seen members before posting about having not opened their Eheim 2262's for a year at a time period. I have gone 6 months on my FX5's in the past.

IMO there is too much that can go wrong with periods of time this long to ever consider doing this myself but in theory it could be done. The auto feeding I see being one of the challenes. Most of these systems hold enough food for only a few weeks at a time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store