Sneak Peek ~ New 250 gallon (festae pen)

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I cannot say why but in my head I imagine my festae pair living near a rocky waterfall so that is how I plan to design the new tank. I am going to do a new overhaul/build thread for the 3 tanks I am building or rebuilding in the setup/filtration forum but thought I would give my friends here a sneak peek of the new festae pen before the rest of MFK ;) When I design a new tank, I always try to find an "inspirational" photo to work off/keep me on track, below is that photo.

(This pic is something I found on Google, no clue where in Peru this is or whom to give credit to)
two_tier_waterfall_Peru.jpg

This is the new 6'x3' tank for this pair. I picked up the new background and stones last night from the owner of www.designsbynature.net and this background is not on the market yet. It's new and he let me name it the "Tumbes" after this pairs collection locale. I will be customizing the return plumbing so I can push massive amounts of air down over the background (on a switch so I can control when I want it on/off) down a split off of the return to simulate what it would look like under that waterfall for them.

DSC_0051.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG

The pair as of this morning is below just for fun. Their colors are amazing right now with the fry free swimming. I cannot wait to see them in their new pen with a swarm of fry growing out! This pair is going to be living in style for life!

DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG

I'll post a link to the new build thread for my tanks in my signature once it get around to loading all the pics.

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

two_tier_waterfall_Peru.jpg

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
cant wait to see this set up. your tanks are gorgeous and im sure this one will not dissapoint:) those are some lucky festae
Thanks Forest!!! While I am giving away sneak peeks, lets just say the wolf pen will be getting an overhaul as well ;) Keep an eye on the setup/filtration section for the detailed thread. I should have it up pretty soon...

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

Very cool, I'm looking forward to this one man
What's shakin Colin?!? I haven't talked you in a long time. I hope things are good with you bro.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Very Nice Justin!!!!!Whats the pump ??? Flow rating type head ..Pressure rated???

rrcoolj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
DMV
Anybody else gitty with excitement? :)

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Beautiful tank and pair Justin. Can't wait to follow the progress of this one.
Thanks Peter! I'll post a link to the build thread in here as well as my sig. Stay tuned! :D

Very Nice Justin!!!!!Whats the pump ??? Flow rating type head ..Pressure rated???
Thanks Hugh! This is the current plan for the filtration. The sump has room for the female in the middle chamber if she ever gets beat up on by the male and I need to move her quickly. The pump is a Dolphin that I need to look up the specs for, if I remember correctly it's rated at 2,200 GHP (I need to redo the plumbing, this is as I bought it). The bar on the bottom/side will be the overflow to the drip system exiting to the garden in the new house.

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

Anybody else gitty with excitement? :)
Your not the only one Reggie!!! I'm giddy like a school girl to get to build a new tank [squeels] :ROFL:

WOW!That tank is going to be awesome.They may not know it but I would say your Festae have just won the lottery:headbang2
Thanks J! Too funny. I hit the lotto with this pair so I am obligated to build them a show tank right? ;)

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store