What is the most ridiculous overcrowding you have seen?

ewurm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Example: 12" Arapaima in a ten gal. What has made you say "What an idiot!"?

albyoscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2006
The home of the CHIEEEFS
we evicted a guy at my job and he left 2 7 inch oscars and a common pleco in a 25 tall with a huge castle and a fluval plus 3 powerhead/ filter no swimming room at all

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
1 x 5 inch Pacu in a 10 gallon
2 x Oscars in a 20
Goldfish bowl
Burmese python in a 55 (not a fish, but you know)

Basically everything under the sun stuffed into 10s. Thats what I hear all the time at work.

ewurm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
albyoscar;594916; said:
we evicted a guy at my job and he left 2 7 inch oscars and a common pleco in a 25 tall with a huge castle and a fluval plus 3 powerhead/ filter no swimming room at all
That would suck for those fish. When I started keeping fish, the guy at Walmart told me a Koi would grow to the size of the tank. By the time I realized my error, it was 8" in a ten. Unbelievably, the fish was very healthy. At least I was smart enough to change water frequently. I traded the fish in and got some barbs.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
ewurm;594924; said:
That would suck for those fish. When I started keeping fish, the guy at Walmart told me a Koi would grow to the size of the tank. By the time I realized my error, it was 8" in a ten. Unbelievably, the fish was very healthy. At least I was smart enough to change water frequently. I traded the fish in and got some barbs.
Koi in a 10. Heard that one too.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Oh, 6 Koi and 6 Comets in a 175 gallon pond. One of my coworkers sold that to a guy. I had to explain to my manager about Koi stocking.

Same person - 3 comets in a 5 gal

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Oh, I forgot: For my sixth birthday, someone gave me a pair of cons in a bowl. They lasted a day.

I saw 5 12" Pacu in a 29 at a LFS.

I think the volume of the tank was 29 gallons, but the volume of fish must have been 25 and the water must have been 4. I walked in, then walked out when I saw that. That and a 1.5' P Bass in a 20L three tanks down. And a foot long around and a foot long RTC in a 20L. They once had a 3 foot long RTC in a 55. I never go there, and my customers complain about that place.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
with my own eyes ive seen a tsn, redtail cat, a ripsaw and another large cat (cant remember the species) in with about 2 oscars and numerous large plecos (all around 2ft mark) in a 6x2x2

ive also seen some pretty overcrowded insufficient spaced slider turtle tanks asewll

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store